Personal injury cases can result from a number of situations. These may include auto, bicycle, and motorcycle accidents; animal bites; slipping and falling, or having something fall on you, while on someone else’s property or public property; or hazardous conditions without proper signage at a place of business. If you sustain an injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, the experienced Bellevue personal injury attorneys at Stein, Lotzkar & Starr, P.S. can help you determine the best course of action.
For a free consultation, call Stein, Lotzkar & Starr, P.S. at (425) 559-9449 today.
What to Do After an Accident
Not everyone will be on your side after an accident. For instance, it is in an insurance company’s best interest to settle your claim for as little money as possible. Enlisting a skilled personal injury lawyer who knows how the system works can bring you peace of mind—an experienced attorney can advocate for you, handle calls from insurance adjusters, and make sure your medical bills get paid, for example. This leaves you better equipped to concentrate on healing.
When an accident happens, ensure you and your attorney are best prepared to defend your claim by taking the following actions:
- At the time of the accident, get the full legal name of the person or business, their address, telephone number, name of their insurance company, and the policy number. In a car accident, take a picture of the vehicle license plate and driver’s insurance card.
- Keep a diary of your symptoms; doctor appointments; and any changes in mood, behavior, or physical abilities. Keep track of who your medical providers are, as well as any additional providers you see as a result of your injury, such as massage therapists, physical therapists, chiropractors, or specialists.
- Keep track of all your medical bills, as well as any prescription expenses. Record your mileage for attending appointments or having prescriptions filled.
- Ask your significant other, roommates, or loved ones to document changes they notice. They may notice things you do not.
- Take photos of your injuries, the scene of the accident, and, if vehicles were involved, of the vehicles and damage to the vehicles.
After an accident, you may be contacted by reporters, insurance agents, private investigators, or the police. It is important to remember that not everyone is working for you. Your personal injury attorney can handle these communication requests on your behalf.
An experience Bellevue personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages. Contact us at (425) 559-9449 for your free consultation.